December Prayer Letter
1. Thank you for your prayer and praise be to our God for the successful two Trauma trainings which was held at Kavrepalanchowk on 8th and 9th of November and Sindupalchowk on 20th and 21st of November 2017.
2. Because of your prayer and God’s blessing, we are able to conduct another trauma training at Kavre on 27th and 29th of November 2017.
3. Give thanks that the “Basic Pastoral Training, week-1” has successfully conducted at MCDS, Lalitpur on 19th-21st of November 2017.
4. The week-1 pastoral care and counselling training at Ithari on 6th-10th of November was successful. We were so blessed to have many participants who were genuinely interested to learn. So thank you for your prayer.
5. We thank God for the blessed time of pre-marital awareness session among young doctors, nurses and health professional on 2nd of December 2017 at Healthcare Christian Fellowship (HCF) fortnight fellowship. The session provided them with knowledge about how to be prepared for their married life.
1. As we kneeled down together before the Lord to pray for the first phase of Legislative elections on 26 November, in the same way let us also pray for the second phase of legislative elections which will be held on 7 December 2017 to elect members of the 4th House of Representatives , the lower house of the Federal Parliament. The candidate who obtains the support of majority of members will become the next Prime Minister.
2. Let us continue to pray for Dr. Irmgard. As we all know she has gone to Germany for her home assignment form 12th August until February 2018.
3. Sister Jenny and husband Andy is travelling back to their home town in 12th of December 2017 and returning on 16th of January 2018. Therefore, let us pray for their safe journey and fruitful time with their family, friends and church.
4. As we know this month is the Christmas season and the church is preparing to celebrate the birthday of our Lord Jesus Christ. So let us pray that the Lord may open our heart to give thanks to our Almighty Father for giving us His only beloved Son to give us eternal life.
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Messiah, the Lord.
A Christmas Poem By:
Christina Georgina Rossetti
Love came down at Christmas,
Love all lovely, love divine:
Love was born at Christmas,
Star and angels gave the sign.
Worship we the Godhead,
Love incarnate, love divine;
Worship we our Jesus:
But wherewith for sacred sign?
Love shall be our token,
Love shall be yours and love be mine,
Love to God and to all men,
Love for plea and gift and sing.
A Short story from Kathmandu to Chennai
On the way to Kathmandu from a blessed training in Itahari, we stopped in Bardibas for lunch and rest. This is when I came to know about Christian Psychotherapy Conference 2017 going to be held in Chennai through HCF (Healthcare Christian Fellowship) Nepal. I thought about it and consulted in office and family then finally decided to go though I was stressed and had lots of work to do. I together with Dr. Bina Gurung, went to the conference from Nepal. And when we reached Chennai International Airport and showed our online invitation, the immigration stopped us after knowing our purpose to visit, interrogated us and took our passports, boarding pass and mobile too. At that moment, I felt so helpless but knew that GOD is with us and brought us here in his purpose even in a very short period of time. In my heart, I prayed to God saying this, “GOD you brought us here for the conference and I know you won’t let us down. Take us out of here.” After consulting with the senior officers of immigration, he let us go. Yes we have gone through lots of trouble in the immigration, but, God has answered to my prayer and blessed us with another excitement. As for conference we were supposed to pay for our accommodation and foods but the organizers covered it all for us and we also received a signed book called “Sexuality and Holiness” written by Dr. Shanthi Davidar. I have learned to use our faith in our profession at conference. I also learned that we should “know the word and the world” to impact the lives of people and to form/shape their soul with Godly things. We should also consider that all good things in the world may not be good for our souls.
It was an exciting, fruitful and encouraging conference for me. I was able to learn together with senior Christian Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Counsellors and other mental health workers from India.
I thank God and ECTC for allowing me to go and participate at Christian Psychotherapy conference, Chennai.
for more detail please click to the link… December-Prayer-letter-pdf.pdf